Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) is proud of its partnership with Farmers Union Insurance. As member-owned organizations, we are mutually committed to ensuring we provide the most value and best service to our members. Why Choose BCBSND for Your Health Insurance? The Most Trusted Name in Health Insurance
- 98% of all North Dakota doctors and 100% of North Dakota hospitals are BCBSND providers
- Enjoy protection when you travel – within or outside of the U.S
Ease of Use
- Insurance that’s easy to use is a top priority for our members, so we focus on convenience
- Service from local offices throughout North Dakota
- Hassle-free claims
- Claims paid and questions answered here in North Dakota
- Online self-service center available 24/7
A Strong, Local Company
- Members and health care providers in this state appreciate the fact that they can rely on us
Strong and stable North Dakota-based company
- 70+ years in North Dakota’s unique health care market
Ways to Stay Health and Active BCBSND believes in a preventive approach to health and wellness. To help you incorporate healthy choices into your everyday lives, your BCBSND health insurance plan may include:
- Disease prevention and management programs
Health Club Credit to encourage a proactive exercise routine
- HealthyBlue online wellness center
- Prenatal Plus to help facilitate healthy pregnancy
Group Coverage: This product is offered to both small and large employer groups. They offer the flexibility to choose from a variety of cost sharing options to customize the perfect benefit package for your business. Being a part of an integrated system Sanford Health Plan also has the capability to build your personal benefit package with access to medical, educational and wellness services.
Individual Coverage: This product is offered to those without group health insurance. This individual health plan is a great option for the self-employed, those between jobs, early retired, families or those who are no longer eligible under their parent’s plan. Sanford Health Plan individual options meet the new Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements from a benefit and coverage standpoint. They are also a qualified issuer in the Health Insurance Marketplace at healthcare.gov.
The Sanford Health Plan network for many of our products not only consists of Sanford Health practitioners and providers, but also includes nearly 18,000 physicians and individual practitioners, over 120 hospitals and almost 700 ancillary service providers. They also have secured nationwide networks to ensure all members have adequate practitioner and provider access.
Sanford Select Medicare Supplement Coverage: This product is offered in approved counties of North Dakota. Sanford Select is a standard Medicare supplement plan that requires you to use a network of providers for your non-emergency hospital and surgical care. Sanford Select offers the same benefits as the standard supplement plans, but because you use the Sanford network for elective hospitalizations and surgeries, you enjoy lower premiums.
Click here for more information and to get a free quote.
For general information on the many things Sanford Health Plan has to offer please visit sanfordhealthplan.com or contact your local Farmers Union Insurance agent.