Farmers Union is currently hiring a legal secretary/paralegal. This position will perform a variety of legal assistant/paralegal duties such as conducting legal research, drafting and editing legal documents and regulatory filings, establishing and managing recordkeeping systems (including a contract management system) and managing corporate governance documents, as well as supporting the administrative needs of the Chief Legal Officer. The primary topic areas will be insurance, business transactions, and corporate governance. This person will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will work closely with other management team members and support staff of the management teams.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform legal research, create and maintain regulatory and statutory compliance tracking lists, and organize and maintain law resources Lead development of and maintain a contract management system.
- Support legislative and regulatory efforts by drafting testimony for legislative hearings, coordinating communications among staff related to topical legislation or regulatory issues, and coordinating meetings between the Company and regulators or legislators.
- Draft, coordinate with other staff, and file submissions to insurance departments and other regulators.
- Aid in monitoring, maintaining, and complying with corporate filing and licensing requirements.
- Prepare and maintain legal documents, including documents for real estate, lending, and other business transactions.
- Lead or assist in managing the Companys intellectual property.
- Manage transactional processes and documents related to mergers and acquisitions, such as due diligence lists, closing checklists, and integration checklists.
- Aid in preparing materials for board meetings.
- Prepare and process legal correspondence to third parties, regulators, and outside counsel.
- Aid in maintaining a records management program and privacy compliance program.
- Aid in drafting corporate records (e.g., board meeting minutes, officer certifications).
- Serve as collection point for any documentation collected and maintained as part of the discovery process during any legal proceedings.
- Write, proofread, and edit documents for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax and content.
- Track and submit CLOs continuing legal education credits.
- Manage the legal departments SharePoint site and other systems.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of corporate law fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology, legal process and legal documents.
- Basic knowledge of legal resources necessary to independently conduct advanced level legal research, analyze the results and prepare report to Chief Legal Officer.
- Excellent research skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, in order to effectively ask questions, thoroughly answer inquiries, and concisely provide information with decorum and respect.
- Strong computer skills (including fluency in Word, and familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Adobe).
- Ability to identify errors or discrepancies in the details of legal documents.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive or controversial subject matter in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all levels within the organization and with external contacts.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with management-level team and with other support staff.
- Ability to implement efficient administrative, filing, organizational, and clerical procedures.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines in order to make sound decisions and take necessary actions.
Degree in legal studies or other related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- An understanding of insurance concepts and insurance law is a plus.
- Experience with corporate transactions and contracts is a plus.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER & DATA ARCHITECT
Software Engineer and Data Architect will design and develop technical solutions that satisfy business requirements for function, performance, security and maintainability. The successful candidate will be a thought leader in the area of software engineering with a passion for innovation, and a keen eye for new opportunities. They will also understand the big system picture and be able to solve complicated problems within those systems. The Software engineer & Data Architect is a great team player with a humble foundation, and a hunger to grow both themselves and our company.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work closely with our internal customers to understand how their business functions and how technology can support.
- Creatively discuss solutions with stakeholders that solve business challenges and deliver ROI.
- Create the necessary documentation to support the business solution including the design, architecture and estimates (work effort and timelines).
- Develop software solutions based on the solution artifacts.
- Test and deploy the solution. Train and educate customers.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of various development frameworks, technology stacks, and toolsets such as, but not limited to, .Net, LAMP, Java, Drupal, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google and Private Clouds
- Data analytic solutions that support multi source data sets and leverage ETL processes, data warehouses, and OLAP/MDA.
- Machine learning, blockchain, and other emerging technologies
- Deep understanding of waterfall and agile development models including pros/cons of each
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Commitment to success and driven to exceed expectations
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Results-oriented; strong ability to execute large initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to company values
- Four year college degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in an IT focused enterprise environment.
- Preferred 3 years of P&C experience.