Current Positions Available:
- Insurance Agent
Farmers Union Insurance is looking to add independent contracted multi-line insurance agents in several locations in North Dakota. No prior insurance sales experience is required, however, candidate will need to complete ND insurance licensing requirement prior to contracting.
Send resume to: Kevin.Ressler@fumic.com
At Farmers Union Insurance we provide our agents with a winning culture. Currently we are searching for an enthusiastic, confident, motivated individual to become an independent insurance sales representatives that have past experience in Voluntary Benefits sales, finance, account management, customer service, recruiting, and technology. Position available in Bismarck/Mandan, ND
Must be driven to succeed
Self-starter and team player
Desire to help business owners and employees become educated about voluntary benefits
Desire to help others
Proficient with various computer applications
Well-spoken and strong communicator
Looking for a commission driven long term career opportunity
Contact Kevin email@example.com
The NDFU Economist/Strategist works to enhance interactive relationships, develop leadership skills, increase the awareness of Farmers Union with producers, cooperative boards and Farmers Union leaders. The Agricultural Economist/Strategist develops and examines value-added concepts designed to enhance agriculture income and rural communities.
- Establish “hands on” working relationship with NDFU leaders
- Team lead for Agriculture Strategy team
- Required due diligence regarding Farmers Union projects
- Generate a stronger relationship between the organization and cooperatives
- Meet directly with cooperative board of directors
- Work closely with and develop a personal relationship with cooperative directors
- Act as a liaison between cooperatives and the family farm organization
- Investigate, promote, aid and assist in the development of new value-added cooperatives
- Investigate, promote, aid and assist in mergers, consolidations, joint ventures or other cooperative efforts
- Serve as the Farmers Union liaison on committees and issues related to farm income, wetlands, wildlife, pesticides, chemicals and other related topics
- Assist in the development of informational and educational forums on topics of special interest/concern to agriculture
- Explore new ideas, options or programs NDFU could develop to help improve farm income
- Monitor, evaluate, comment and prepare testimony on federal legislative issues relevant to the policy of the organization
- Assist lobbying efforts for NDFU at state legislature on issues directly impacting agriculture and renewable energy
- Represent NDFU at other organizations; i.e. QBCC, UGPTI, NDCCC
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Economics or relevant field preferred.
- Strong oral and written skills required.
- Applicants should have the educational training or work experience necessary to understand the interaction and relationships necessary between the farm organization and affiliated cooperatives.
- Applicants need to possess a strong understanding of farm practices, principals, as well as strong knowledge of crop insurance.
- A background in agriculture and cooperative board experience is a must.
- A deep understanding of cooperative philosophy and the Farmers Union organization is necessary.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and self-motivation are needed. Knowledge of agricultural issues, farm policy, cooperative structure and rural development required.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Office based position working out of the State Office in Jamestown, North Dakota, with day, evening and weekend work. In-state travel required, with options of some out of state travel at times. Pay depending on experience. Farmers Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Lisa at: firstname.lastname@example.org